How to Settle “There was a problem resetting your PC” Error
In this article, I will introduce you how to fix “There was a problem resetting your PC” error issue which appears on your Windows 10 or 8. This error might happen when you attempt to reset your Windows 10 when it is on its default state. I will provide you with the fundamental data identified with this issue, and furthermore, give you strategies to determine the issue.
About “There was a problem resetting your PC” Error Issue:
At whatever point something doesn’t go right while starting the operating system, Windows try to do an Automatic Repair wizard and endeavors to settle the issues naturally. But, in case that it comes up short, at that point you need to Refresh or Restart your operating system. The circumstance gets extremely irritating when the Refresh or Reset process fails or stuck and a feared error message occurs.
In case that you Refresh your system, the accompanying error message will show up: “There was a problem refreshing your PC. No changes were made.”
Likewise, in case you Reset your system, the accompanying error message will show up: “There was a problem resetting your PC.”
Reasons Of “There was a problem resetting your PC” Error Issue:
Microsoft authorities have conceded that it is because of a threat in Windows 10 and have given these following reasons under which Windows may encounter this problem:
- If your PC accompanied Windows 10 pre-installed version and was not upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
- If the PC producer empowered pressure to diminish the disk space needed for preinstalled applications.
- By making a USB recuperation drive utilizing the “Make a recuperation drive” feature you find in Windows 10.
- By starting the PC to the USB recuperation drive and chose, Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
Settle “There was a problem resetting your PC” Error Issue:
Here are the 3 attempted and working solutions to settle the “There was an issue resetting your PC” error inside a couple of minutes. You needn’t bother with any exceptional aptitudes to apply these techniques. Simply pursue the progression insightful guide that I have specified beneath each technique legitimately.
1. Utilize Command Prompt
Checking operating system records utilizing Command Prompt is a decent choice to settle this feared error. Pursue these points with the end goal to do as such:
- Initially select the Power button from the Start menu. At that point, while holding the Shift key, tap the Restart catch.
- Presently pursue this path: Click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
- At that point select your administrator account and enter the password (if you have set one preceding). Subsequently, click on the Continue button to begin.
- When the Command Prompt window opens up, type the accompanying directions in the window and hit Enter after each command: cd %windir%\system32\config, ren framework system.001, ren programming software.001
- Next, shut down the command prompt window. You will be reclaimed to the page of the boot options. Simply click on the Continue button to make the boot process into your Windows 10.
- After that try to reboot your PC.
- Then you will have the capacity to reboot your PC with no trouble. But, if the issue still occurs, move down to the following next technique.
2. Utilize Recovery USB
In case that the Command Prompt neglects to settle the error, you can utilize Recovery USB to recuperate your PC. You just need to pursue these steps with the end goal to do as such:
- First, embed a void USB Flash drive (16GB or 32GB suggested) for your PC.
- Then you have to type “recovery drive” into the search box in the Start menu. At that point click on “Create a recovery drive” from the rundown of results.
- Then click on the Yes button when User Account Control prompts.
- Recouping your PC from a drive will expel all the present documents and applications, so you should choose to tick on “Back up system files to the recovery drive” for back up your information.
- A short time later, click on the Next button.
- Presently select your USB drive and then click on the Next button.
- At that point click “Create to make a recovery drive” option.
- When the procedure is finished, click on the Finish button.
- Subsequently, you have to restart your Windows 10. Tap the particular key, like F12 or some other key your PC asked to go into the page of the boot options. Proceed with booting from your USB recovery drive.
- At last, click on the “Recovery from a drive” option and at that point adhere to the directions showing up on your screen.
3. Clean Installation of Windows
In case that none of the above solutions worked out for you, you should simply do a clean installation of Windows. For that pursue these steps with the end goal to do as such:
- First, embed the Windows installation media device and just you need to start your system.
- Then tap the key to start from the installation media (USB or DVD) and then format the drive from your system.
- Then you need to reinstall your windows by adhering to the guidelines showing up on the screen of your PC.
- This strategy will most likely fix “There was a problem resetting your PC” windows 10 error issue from your PC.
“There was a problem resetting your PC” has turn into an extreme error nowadays. The error could happen under specific circumstances as recommended by the Microsoft authorities. Above explained were the 3 best solutions to settle the “There was a problem resetting your PC” error issue. There are some different strategies that may work like using DISM, SFC, System Restore, and so on. You can likewise visit the official Microsoft thread related to this issue. For any inquiries, proposal or questions with respect to this issue, don’t hesitate to remark down in the Comments section underneath. I except that I helped you to discover the remedy for the enduring of your computer. Have a pleasant day!